4th of July Downtown Parade, Festival & Fireworks at the Port!
The 78th annual 4th of July Parade by the Peninsula Celebration Association – a Family 4th – is the premier holiday parade in the region and takes place in the heart of Downtown Redwood City. The entire community is invited to celebrate this 4th of July tradition with event host Peninsula Celebration Association and the City of Redwood City. This treasured event brings thousands of excited spectators to enjoy an incredible array of parade floats and numerous family festivities.
A map of the parade route can be found here. The parade begins at 10 am, and the route starts on Marshall Street at the corner of Winslow Street, and continues on Marshall, Main Street, Middlefield Road, Winslow Street, Broadway, and onto Arguello Street where it ends near Alden Street. The theme of the 2016 parade is “The Best of the West” as it winds its way throughout our historic Downtown. The 30th annual Independence Day Festival will cover several square blocks in the heart of Downtown Redwood City, starting at 9 am (parts of Broadway, Hamilton, Middlefield, Jefferson, and in Courthouse Square). Filled with arts and crafts, food and beverages, kids’ activities, and a whole lot of good old fashioned family fun, the festival is the place to be on the 4th of July! Plus the annual 4th of July carnival, coordinated by the Woodside Terrace Kiwanis Club, will be at its usual location, in the parking lot at Veterans Blvd. and Winslow Street.
|EVENTS AROUND TOWN|
|Pancake Breakfast||7:30-10:30 am with the Redwood City Fire Department at 755 Marshall Street|
|Parade Run 5K||8:45 am (check-in 7:00-8:30 am see web for more info)|
|Chalk Full of Fun||Plus a DJ! Sunday 7/3 8:00am-6:00pm & Monday 7/4 8:00am-4:00pm
on Courthouse Square
|July 4th Parade||Steps off at 10:00 am! (parade route map)|
|Festival||9:00am-5:00pm (festival map)|
|Carnival||Directly follows the parade until midnight and Sunday from 12-10pm (in the County Parking lot Jefferson) Sponsored by Woodside Terrace Kiwanis Club.|
|Car Show||9:00am (Broadway & El Camino)|
|Concert at the Port||7:00-9:15pm – The Megatones|
|Fireworks||Start at approximately 9:30pm|
Parade Chair Policy
- Placement of any chairs, barricades, coolers, tape etc. upon the sidewalk or street is prohibited prior to 12:00am July 4th.
- Any chairs, barricades, coolers, tape etc. placed upon the sidewalk or street prior to July 4th will be removed and stored at the Redwood City Corporation Yard at 1400 Broadway. RCMC 29.3
- Pickup of confiscated items may be accomplished at the City Corporation Yard between 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM during normal business hours. (Closed on 4th of July).
- Questions regarding this procedure may be directed to the Redwood City Police Department
The 4th of July fireworks will be launched from the Port of Redwood City!
- Live music will begin at 7:00pm.
- There will be three food trucks on hand from 7-9pm. Sam’s Chowder House, Los Gemelos, One more TBA
- The fireworks extravaganza will start at approximately 9:30pm.
- The fireworks can be seen from areas where there is a clear view of the skies above the Port, and can also be seen from high points all over the Peninsula.
- For those coming to the Port, early arrival is highly recommended! This area is mostly private property with very limited public parking.
- The Port is providing a public viewing area along the waterfront off of Seaport Court. Once all of the very limited public parking spaces are filled, Seaport Boulevard will be closed to all vehicle traffic at the intersection of Seaport/Blomquist. Once the intersection has been closed, no vehicle access to the Port area will be available. This traffic control restriction could occur as early as 7:30 pm – so be sure to plan accordingly.
- Alcohol is prohibited on-site at the fireworks show, and personal fireworks are illegal at all times in Redwood City.
- There will be porta-potties on site.
- No BBQs
- Please do not bring your pets. Pets, particularly dogs, have very sensitive ears and the booms and bangs associated with a fireworks display can be quite uncomfortable. Leave pets at home if you are planning to attend a fireworks show. Also leave a radio or TV on at home to help keep your pets calm in case illegal fireworks are used in your neighborhood.
- Be sure to bring a blanket!